Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

To See Is To Believe

Are you the skeptical type of a  person?

Skeptical guy. Photo Credits

Well, I am especially when it comes to money matters. I guess it's just very hard to believe at something immediately. I've had several experiences wherein I was lured to invest at something that promised immediate and big returns. Of course, who wouldn't want such a thing? But, because I didn't know the business venture that I was in, it didn't work for me. That's why every time I encounter people talking about these schemes, I still find it hard to believe although I know that some of them became successful at it.


In the context of business, I think the expression "To see is to believe" is justifiable. It simply means that we need a business evidence to prove the claims right. And that's exactly what I did when Ramil offered me an opportunity to invest in his fishing business. Before I said yes, I asked for the records of his earnings as well as its computations. Fortunately, Ramil was very open about this and so he gave me a copy of the spreadsheets where he recorded all the transactions of each of his boats including the boat where Jhames, Wilbert, and Deborah invested in.

A guy reading something on his laptop. Photo Credits

For two nights, every after work, I studied the spreadsheets that Ramil gave me. And after going over it a dozen times, I was able to conclude one thing, that each of his boats were earning not less than 30 percent of the overall cost in a year.
Not bad, right?!
In a typical business, it's usually hard to get more than 30% of profit in just a year.

A columnar book. Photo Credits

I also saw the records of their corpo-boat and how much each of the owners were receiving eveytime the boat docked. The cost for building their corpo-boat was Php 280,000.00 and it was divided into four persons. Each of them needed to invest Php 70,000.00 but it was only Deborah and Ramil who was able to give the full amount. Wilbert and Jhames only gave partial investment and so it was Ramil, the original owner, who held portions of their share. In turn, it was also Ramil who received the profit from it.

Calculating Business Profits. Photo Credits

There were a lot of things that I didn't understand at that time like starting capital, pakura, fishport five percent, and many more. But bottom-line, it's profit was good based on the records. So, my confidence with Ramil and his fishing business greatly increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment