Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A gift

In my previous post, I told you the story of how I met my dear friend Jeffrey who introduced me to the fishing business.

I learned so many things from him that day...

Yeah. This guy owns a fishing business at a very young age and his fishing boats are not just after the ordinary kinds of fish you commonly see at the wet market.

What kind of fish are they catching? It's TUNA. Big Tunas.

Yellow fin tuna. Photo Credits


I heard a lot of names of wealthy people around and most of them built their riches from fishing TUNA.

Well, what can I say? I live in the Tuna capital of the Philippines but I never expected that one of my friends has his own fishing business. Perhaps it was because the names that I hear most of the time are those of rich and prominent families and you hardly even see them around.

Few weeks later, our group of friends planned to go out for a badminton game and everyone was very excited.

After playing a couple of rounds, Jeffrey informed us that he will be going ahead. It was very unlikely since he is usually the last one to go home. We thought he had a date that night again and so we didn't bother asking where he was going.

The day after that, as we were having our afternoon coffee break, Jeffrey asked how our badminton game went.

"It was very fun!", I said.
"How about your date Jef? Did it went well? So who's the girl?", I immediately asked with a smile on my face.

"Oh yesterday?! I didn't have a date. I went to my Aunt's house. She asked me to come to check the program I made for her fishing business", he answered instantly.

I could have teased him more about his frequent dating activity but when he mentioned something about business, my attention suddenly shifted unconsciously. This led to another long conversation with me asking a lot of questions. I learned that he made a program for her aunt to help her manage the financial matters of her fishing business. I thought that maybe her aunt was already earning millions because common sense would tell you that you won't need a software program if you are only managing a smaller amount of money.

One of the common sidelines of IT professionals is to work as a freelance programmer. I also did freelance programming way back then and so did Jeffrey. And you know what, he gave the program to her aunt for FREE and in return her aunt gave her something BIG.

What was it?

A Fishing Boat!



So....his very first fishing boat was actually given to him by her aunt and it turned out that she was one of Gensan fishport's biggest tuna buyer.

How I wished I had an aunt like Jeffrey's.

Do you want to know how much Jeffrey earns monthly from his fishing boat?

Find out on my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment